About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Charm of the British (Chapter 2)

I closed my book and checked if anything was in view from the plane. There, in the distance I could see the distinctive White Cliffs of Dover. Ah, England, beautiful England was in sight.
This flight had been a make -up flight for all who had been aboard the near disaster on yesterday's flight.
This flight had been smooth and was so glad to finally be on my way without any problems.

A group of men were standing, drinks in hand and chatting. One of them looked my way and walked over. He was tall, nice looking and wore a expensive suit . Sort of a Roger Moore type.
"Do you mind if I sit and visit for awhile?" His beautiful British accent was very charming.

Another question was out even before introducing himself, "And just how long will you be in Cairo?" he asked as he slid into the big seat beside me.

Since this plane wasn't going to Cairo, a red flag went up for me. I came from years of being the wife of an Intelligence Officer. Of course, what may seem paranoid to most, becomes second nature
over the years. Why? It is
just the way the game is played. We are warned of this and that.
For sure, it is said, if a person wants to know what your husband is thinking, just ask the wife.


I gave him a blank look ~ he smiled and continued~"How do I know
you are going to Cairo?" he continued in his most charming accent, "I
was standing behind you when you were on the phone at the Miami Airport last evening."

We talked the small talk while, in my head I replayed my phone conversation the evening before to see when and why I would have mentioned my destination. Actually, I didn't. I then shook any paranoia and let the red flag fly high.

If someone felt my trips important enough to monitor, I didn't mind. Would be like having a body guard wouldn't it? That is a safe feeling. He made me feel safe.

Continued...

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive