About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Drab Day in Washington

Downtown D. C. had lost it's charm today.
Light rain fell into blustery cold winds. The Washington Monument looked higher than usual into gray skies today.
Chilled, I increased the heat for the car and thought of the luncheon we had just attended. I feel tired of people talking about the election. I want to not think about it anymore.
Earlier, I wrote on my FaceBook "I regret I have but one vote to give for my country."
As we crossed the Potomac River, a glimpse of beautifully organized Arlington Cemetery signified that all things come to an end.
With that thought and a good driver, I pushed back my seat, snuggled into my coat, closed my eyes.
As I dozed, I thought how nice it would be if when I woke, this election would be over.
June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I agree with you on this note. It is a very critical time for us as a country. But only in American. So much to give and lose.

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive