About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, February 9, 2009

Surprise Pie

One of our dear friends invited us over for dinner tonight. I volunteered to bring dessert which are fun to make. My decision was to make and take the Cranberry Surprise Pie ~ the recipe is in in the Black Cookbook. That is always a hit. Easy to make and manage. Decision was made.

Tonight the pie will truly be a big surprise~ Why? There are no cranberries in this pie.
Wanting to make it to take warm and serve with ice cream...
I went for the cranberries. From store to store~ to my dismay, no cranberries are left. That seasonal item is long gone, I was told. Finally, the green grocer at Wegmens and I stood together trying to decide which berry I could substitute.

Tonight, the pie I am taking will be Raspberry Surprise Pie. Not sure of how the flavors will blend...but most wonderful recipes come from situations such as this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Substituting raspberries was very good, but not as good as the cranberries.

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive