About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Garden Club ~ Gardens Through A Camera Lens


Our Garden Club is lucky enough to have a professional photographer as a member. Jeannie presented the program for us on Monday evening. "Your Garden Through the Camera Lens."


She presented digital photo shots for us with and without special effects, even moving the camera to make the shot a little blurred. Of course, different lens produced this and that effect. I could have listened to her talk about her work for hours.

Was eager to try shots of my garden, but they are not wildly interesting.

Maybe it is time a refresher course to bring me up to day in today's technology. I always think I need a new camera...can't be me, right?


I really enjoy her presentation and learned so much about the capability of my cell phone camera. Unreal what that little thing can be programmed to do.
I did hear a report of the 40th Anniversary of landing on the moon. It was said our little cell phone has more capability than the computer that landed that Space Craft. Amazing!

I have taken the first photo with my camera, but can't figure out how to send it to my computer.
As soon as we think we are up with the latest technology, something comes along to throw us back to the stone age, it seems.
June






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to your cell phones' phone book, click on your name/phone number(I guessing you have it stored under your own name or simply as *home). Then click on edit, and scroll down to the line that allows you to enter your email address. Enter the address. Next click on camera. Go to pictures. Scroll down to the picture you want to send and click on options. Select send. It will prompt you to select who to send it to. Choose yourself, and then click send. It will tell you to wait while it connects and sends the picture to your computer. The quality of the picture you view on your computer will be much better than you see on your phone.
Now all this isn't possible if you don't have a phone line connected to your computer. If that is the case, go to the store and by a plug in connector that allows you to have two output jacks.
hope that helps.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

June:

I love the way you are always so willing to learn new things. You will conquer this cell phone photography beast before the rest of us. There is one blogger (at least) out there who takes off of his/her photos with the cell phone. The next decade will be an exciting time for people like you who are willing to ride in the front seat and listen!

xoxoxo

Mrs. GDP

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive