About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Thursday, November 12, 2009

More Wild Great Wall Photos


I think about the Great Wall experience every day~






This is the wonderful group who shared this experience.


















Isn't this amazing?

This photo shows just how far we climbed!
Now you might understand why we were so proud of our accomplishment. The climb is 1000 steps to the top.
I did it with a brand new titanium hip which was, to the day, 6 months old.
Thanks Dr. Charles Engh!
This photo shows how the Wall hasn't been restored ~ left as it was found and added wooden steps and a rail to make it safe to climb to the mountain top where it goes on intact. Amazing!

This morning I added another dream to my Bucket List~ I can't explain how or why I am awed by the Great Wall. The extra step to make it our own expedition made it priceless for me.
This morning I woke and dropped a thought in my Bucket List. I would like to climb the same wall, taking a sleeping bag and spend a sunset and a sunrise there...in September. We learned that September is the best month to see China.

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive