About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Friday, March 14, 2008

Happily Uninhibited

It' a beautiful day~ A busy day going around in my happily uninhibited life-stlye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Early this morning...
At the hospital for a routine procedure, I noticed people arriving in pairs. No doubt husband and wife. There we all were sitting, man, women...space, man, woman, space..etc.
Got the picture? Then a couple of giggling teenagers came in...one very pregnant. They had overnight bags and an empty baby carrier. Ah, I thought, a scheduled c-section. They giggled walking by us. I whispered to my husband. "They are in the wrong place."
A minute later, they came back swinging the car seat and giggle-giggle.
No husband there.
A sign of the times which isn't really funny.

Then, a very handsome guy came in alone. Ah ha, I thought..me, the eternal match-maker, he would be a good one to match up with Eva, my single friend I thought.
He checked in and came back by...and LOOKED at my HUSBAND.
Ok, that explained why no wife.
My imagination is way too vivid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my husbands procedure, they called me back to the recovery area.

When it was time to go home, I reached for the curtain which was between him and another man. When I pulled it, whoops...the other man was sitting on the side of his bed undressing. I had a flash of him...swirls of black hair against white muscular chest..."OOPS," I exclaimed and turned around to see his young wife standing there...she laughed and said, "got a peek?" Unabashed, I said "Handsome husband," I told her. She smiled from ear to ear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still before noon, and out buying shoes. The cashier at the shoe store lamented, " Yes, a beautiful day, but I have to work."
"Be happy you have a job, honey," I reminded her. "We all need to work, but now am retired."
"But," she said, "there is so much to do when you are young and nothing to to when you are older."

Did she sting me or what?

"When you are young you want to do it all, when you are older, you have done it all and finally have time to get on with your life. Getting on with your life depends on how well you prepare. Preparing means to work as late into life as you can make good money. Afterwardwards you can afford doing the unimaginable before you die. Remember the old saying, 'Make hay while the sun shines.' Life is always good for those who work. "

Did I give her a little sermon or what? I smiled sweetly...she looked thoughtful as we said bye...happily uninhibited.

iJune


No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive