About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Tarot Card Story

Watching the Tarot cards being flipped and a story told about each was all just entertainment. Surely a future can't be told by the chance turning of cards. Completing the reading, the reader turned to me asking my birthday. I told her and of course, she told me several things that were according to Libra...then she said
"You have been very tired for a few weeks." (True) "It's as if your energy is pouring out of every pore, draining you of energy. Go sit in the sun for a while, ~ the sun will block this loss of energy"

I thanked her but didn't care to have the cards flipped for me. Walking away my friend and I talked about all she had been told.

The following morning, I thought of the Tarot Lady. It was Springtime and that spring fever had really gotten to me. I took a chair out to greet the warm sunshine and bask before the heat of the day.

Sunshine flooded over me and embraced bare arms and legs. Ahhh...how wonderful. My laziness was bathed and soothed by little warm breezes that seem to float in on kind sun rays. I welcomed the blanket of springtime warmness. There was the feeling of being lightly touched as my body absorbed the magic in the air.

I must have sat there for almost an hour. Now, lulled and calm, my thoughts drifted to things I wanted to complete. Flowers to plant, a letter or two to answer, invite the girls for bridge, a party to give...

Energized, I sent a thought of thanks to the tarot lady.
iJune

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Wrote...

I love reading your blog and seeing the Key West photos and the ones of your girls when they were little. They did have red hair? One of my sons had red hair when he was little.

WV Janis said...

Dear Anonymous Charlotte:

iJune's girls were poster children for red hair. I didn't realize how photogenic red hair can be until looking at iJune's photos. When those little red heads are dressed in lots of colors and sporting red Keds, they remind me of the best of life in the 1970's and 1980's. June, you are a talented photographer, mother, granny, writer, party planner, cook, healer to the sick, and so much more. Thank you for sharing with the rest of the world!

WV Janis

WV Janis said...

Go to Emily Martin's blog

(Inside a Black Apple)

http://www.theblackapple.typepad.com/

Look at the March 15th painting "Poppy" and you will have an idea of what iJune looked like as a young mother.

WV Janis

Anonymous said...

THANKS for all the kind words Janis. That little Emily makes the cutest little paintings and dolls. You are a doll yourself for saying such a nice thing.
iJune

Anonymous said...

Olivia
in Mississippi writes:

June, I love to read your stories. I love you. Have sent your web address to my daughter. Thank you for being you.

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive