About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The GREATEST KIDS ON EARTH

Nothing like a trip to the Circus~ A day in the memory of this Grandmother~
The GREATEST KIDS ON EARTH sat on the edge of their seats as the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH unfolded before them.









Holding their souvenir mugs in one hand, and onto the back of my jacket with the other, we made it through the crowd.
I am learning how to manage the group.
Holding the hand of the youngest while the others grab a swatch of my jacket making them securely connected and towed behind. Interesting how I can "feel" each little hand holding on as we go with and through the crowds. Each little hand is a slight and natural tug as we walk along...I know they are there. Their hold has to bring a secure feeling to them as well.

This group of grandchildren are ages 4, 5, 6 and 7 years old and have proven we can do everything together. We have done a crowded museum of Natural History...no problem at all. As all grandparents, I do think they are the GREATEST.
iJune

7 comments:

WV Janis said...

Super Granny June:

You remind me of a woman I knew who had six children. When asked,

"How on earth do you keep up with six children?"

She replied, "Once you have the third, you realize you have to let go of someone's hand and still find a way to keep up with everyone. It's the letting go of the hand in a crowd that takes getting used to."

Your 'tug my shirt' method is a great solution. The picture on the grandbabies' faces says it all. What I remember most from my first circus is the smells, cotton candy, elephant dung, straw.......

Anonymous said...

From Cay
Arlington, Va

Lots of fun entries there - and good sounding recipes. I think the most exciting entry is the Egypt Air one... And, where other than Cairo were you going?
I confess that I can't take my grandkids anyplace! Yann & Noah do understand English but sometimes pretend not to....in fact, Maura said one day she'd told Noah something, and he promptly went over to Yann & said in French "tell me in French what she said"...Sara & Mary Kate are pretty good about staying w/ you, but Luke is another thing indeed. rrived.
All for now - again, I enjoyed your blog.

Anonymous said...

Cay~
3 weeks in Egypt, back to London where Nancy and I did Germany for a week and another week in London with her.
These to come will be short and sweet, just like the trips.
iJune

Anonymous said...

From Daughter Jen,
That's so great!! Thank you so much for taking them!! They said they had a GREAT time!!!!

Anonymous said...

From Janet,
Birmingham, Al

loved your reflection with the grandchildren....wow.....so many.......did you do it by yourself with them? Could not figure it out..........don't know if I would attempt that or not.....but maybe....you are encouraging me.................

Anonymous said...

From Jane M.
Greensboro, NC

I would like to say that I enjoyed reading about your
experiences in Egypt and about your recipes for the children's
party--what lucky children they are to have a grandmother who will
go to so much trouble to entertain them properly.

Anonymous said...

From Gail,
Alabaster, Al

Love your adventures.
i am right there with you. I love to travel. It is a wonderful experience.
I plan to try the raisin sandwich. It sounds good.
Just finished working in the yard.I planted my tomatoes. Also planted a miniature rose

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive