About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, December 8, 2008

Chateaubriand ~Sliced for a Party Platter

For a Christmas Party this past weekend, one hit of the evening was a Chateaubriand I made and sliced for a Party Platter. I bought rolls at Costco and sliced them for a side basket and had a dish of horseradish sauce to complete the finger sandwiches.

It is a fabulous recipe from a dear Air Force wife friend~ she gave it to me some 35 years ago and still one of my best for beef. Always gets raves.

Here is the recipe

CHATEAUBRIAND

3-4 lb. eye of round beef
Meat Tenderizer
Seasoned Salt

Sprinkle meat generously with seasoned salt and tenderizer. Wrap in Saran Wrap and refridgerate overnight.
The next day, bring to room temperature. Place in a roasting pan and bake at 325 degrees 25 minutes per pound.

Baste often with the following sauce.

SAUCE:
In a sauce pan, bring to simmer to blend flavors~ and then use to baste~
1/4 c. water ```````````````2 (3 oz) cans mushrooms in butter
3/4 c. beef consomme` ````1/4 c. parsley and chives, minced
1/2 c. Dry Vermouth ``````3 tsp. lemon juice
4 oz. butter

1 comment:

WV Janis said...

The holiday season has begun for me too. I just returned from my first ever cookie exchange. Truly, mine were Charlie Brown cookies. I was not proud of them but was so excited about this festive event that I toted them along anyway.

I returned with several good cookies. The most attractive (a good grandchildren thing) was the blonde brownie with a marshmallow christmas tree secured to the top of each brownie.

WV Janis

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive