About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Defining Yourself

A friend of mine who is Danish and has always lived in Denmark sent this to me....She writes to define yourself....

Rules:* Grab the book closest to you. Now.* Go to page 56.* Find the 5th sentence.* Write that sentence as your status.* Copy these instructions as a comment to your status.* Don't go looking for your favourite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one.

My closest book, page 56, line read..."For centuries, gardeners have been extending their enjoyment..."
HOW INTERESTING~ how ture for me.
Hope you will do the same and reply under comments...kindly do add your first name.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice:

Then he told me to come back in two days.

Anonymous said...

LOL~ Am trying to see how this could possible define one...lol
Maybe we will get others.

Anonymous said...

The closest book to me was "Helen and Teacher" The Story of Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan Macy. The fifth sentence on p. 56 reads,

"Whenever I give her a new word, especially a word expressing action, like hop or jump, or any of those already mentioned, she throws her arms around me and kisses me."

I am a parent, language teacher and lover of words. The message here: be prepared for the reaction of your student(s) when they learn something new from you. Truly, I find my being entrenched in this quote.

J.

Anonymous said...

"The intention may have been to place in opposition pagan and Christian love." And what should I make of this?
How does that define a person?

Jane M.

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive