About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Old Tattered Dishcloth

This morning after Christmas I am folding newly washed dishcloths. I use lots and lots of dishcloths when working in the kitchen ~ some have become thin and tattered ~ it is time to get a few new ones.

I use them for everything and even to wipe clean all the counter tops in the kitchen when the meal is done. I have never liked the sponge as I know the dishcloth is totally clean each time.
Watching Martha Stewart one day, there she was~ using her dishcloth to wipe clean her workspace. She commented about her thoughts they were cleaner than a sponge. " WOW," I thought, "my heroine!"

Of course, my dishcloths wear down soon but then they become the best tool in my kitchen

The older tattered dishcloths are so, so soft and perfect for any task. That's when I like them the best. Each time I pass a rack of new dishtowels, I am inclined to toss in a new one or two to replace as needed. Using this method, the all don't wear out at the same time and there are always some new enough to use when we have guests.
Thinking about this...I wonder....am I keeping my old tattered dishcloths a secret? Bet you have a few secrets too.

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive