About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bareback Riding in St. Martin

Have you ever ridden bareback?

On the French side of the island of St. Maarten is where you can reach for a phenomenal experience~ only the best riders should undertake this but truly ~ sounds like the ultimate ride.

This is a moonlight ride from the stables over to the beach where riders remove the saddle, their clothes and ride into the warm clear ocean.

Some of the horses enjoy rolling in the waters so you can then swim along with them. Can you imagine? I so want to do this...(of course I would).
We were told to ride bareback is wonderful as you can feel the horses' muscles as they walk and feel a part of them ~ and going into the water under a full moon has to be totally over the top.

Was asked why riding on the beach is such a coveted experience.
That person said she just didn't get it. Was a good question ~
My answer ~ you are a part of two powerful forces...the animal and the ocean to me is an over the top experience.
What do you think? June

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an individual feeling I would think...........in whatever floats your boat......For those that do not ride...... could perhaps experience the same type of beach exhilarating feelings in other type of related scenarios.....
Have spent much time in the Islands on the American and BVI sides.....I found all of them exhilarating in their own uniqueness .......for me .......The Islands in general are all encompassing in feeling....

June.......as always your blog is a good read in keeping up with your family and travels.....loved the photos of Jen and Rob attending the fun festivities.....My niece has had an incredible position for the last two years working in the West Wing of the White house......in the "Situation Room".........truly a "24" time in life for her.....She is an AF Academy Grad who is an Intelligence Officer
Judi

Anonymous said...

Loved your Blog!
Jane

Anonymous said...

There are many things I have not done, but thanks to June, I can vicariously enjoy that part of life I have not experienced. The new places, the beauty of a sunset that is always different from every other one, the parties, the children's adventures, and especially the glimpse into the story of a family is a treasure. Her story versus his/tory gives us new perspective and insight. Again, thenk you June for taking the time to share what you have and who you are.

WV Janis said...

June

I think the allure of riding horses on the beach comes from the fact that rarely does one get that sense of open space and connection to nature that comes with the beach/horse experience.

In Puerto Vallarta, I had a horse that was wildly out of control, reared up, and charged and galloped when all of the other horses were trotting behind the leader. Eighteen years later, I still remember his name was Chocolate! Since that experience, I am not quite so smitten with horses on the Beach!

Janis

Anonymous said...

I loved all your pictures of the Caribbean as well as the lovely Inaugural Ball pictures--Jen in that gorgeous dress. Hope you get some more answers to my question about why everyone wants to ride on a beach. Jane M

Anonymous said...

June: Ditto what Jane said. Your pictures of the Caribbean are fabulous. Janis

Anonymous said...

Loved the blog pictures.
Don C. Houston, Tx

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive