About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some Photos from Sint Maarten/ Saint Martin

Yours truly, enjoying the best part ot the day~ Sailing into the sunset...








Rarely rains there but many clouds pass over the small island.









This shot is from a cliff overlooking the clear waters...snorkeling is big as is diving.
Blieve it or not, that water is DEEP.






Donnette and June taking a break at an old fort which in on a point overlooking the Caribbeans Ocean.
This time of year, the sun isn't intense~ I never used sun screen.










This little Dove sitting on some ruins didn't more...but she did keep an eye on me.
We were exploring an old fort and and decided it would be a perfect spot for a picnic.






It is so much fun to explore the island...
See the Cruise Ships in the distance?























This shot is from one of the beaches...











Have you seen on the Travel Channels the cables they have on these island that you can strap yourself onto and glide down the mountains?
An awesome experience, do doubt~

This is a photo of the top of one of the highest mountains and at beginning ...
Strapped to a cable, you slide down traveling
though the air as if you are flying ~ when there is a trun, there is a station or platform where you connect to the next cable (rope) and go shooting on down the mountain.

We didn't do it...but NEXT TIME!!! I saw Oprah doing it and from her comment, you need to pad your bottem real well, as there is a sling you are strapped into for the ride. All your weight is on that sling. OUCH!
June

3 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Dear June:

Your photos of St. Martin are fabulous. You look like you really relaxed and enjoyed yourself. Your blog continues to inspire me and I have started my own. My situation is similar to yours, lots of readers and not many commenters! What can we do to get there people to comment?

www.greensborodailyphoto.com

Anonymous said...

Could be that most readers are only readers and not writers...

Maybe we should add that to my list of what my Dad taught me~
My Dad said there are only two kinds of people in this world:

Standers and Leaners;
Givers and Takers;
Opinionated and Those who don't (care)(can't publish what he actually said);
etc...

Anonymous said...

I would recognize those feet anywhere.

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive