About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Earthquake in Virginia




On a School but with 50 unplugged first graders, it one could have been said, "If we had an earthquake, we wouldn't ever know it with all this noise."

That statement turned out to be true~ We didn't hear the earthquake that sent hundreds out to see what had happened when the loud "Boom" came as the earth shifted.

There we were, happily riding along...
that bus was rockin' and rollin' with the little ones who were having a ball as we actually were passing over the epicenter of a rare earthquake which hit Northern Virginia yesterday at 1:30 PM. We were totally unaware.

Only an hour earlier we were sitting on blankets having lunch. Was a wonderful field trip; we had just left the Park and were at ground zero ... the "epicenter" of our 1.8 magnitude earthquake according to the news. Of course, that isn't a big one, but the noise from the shift was very loud we were told. Several of my friends rushed out to see what had happened. One even told me she thought of 9/11 when she heard the loud BOOM.

Sort of surreal for me to be on a School Bus full of First Graders at this time in my life and equally surreal that we had an earthquake here in Virginia.
Photos from trip to be added.
June

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your mothering and grandmothering! I think you do a beautiful job with your family!
Charlotte, McLean, Va

Anonymous said...

Yes - I saw that on the news....if it were a bigger one, I would have felt safe knowing Michael was with you! :) Thanks so much for going with them. He had a ball.
Daughter Jennifer, Va

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive