About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, March 9, 2009

Curried Cole Slaw

In my Lost and Found files, is the following recipe. As a rule, I know where all my recipes are from, however, this one has a name I don't remember, and phone number on the back. At times people want to give credit to the person who gave a recipe to them...could be true here. I checked to find the number is a Pennsylvania number. We enjoy Pennsylvania Amish country and their shops, but a recipe from someone there? Haven't a clue, however, I do remember this recipe being very easy and very good. Enjoy!

Curried Cole Slaw
1/2 head cabbage, sliced (I use 1 lb bag cole slaw mix)
1 tsp curry
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 cup mayo or salad dressing
1 cup raisins
1 cup peanuts
Mix all ingredients except peanuts. Put peanuts on top and refrigerate.
Mix before serving.
Note: I omit the peanuts as they seem to overpower the other delicate flavors.
I made this to serve with Salmon and baked potatoes and put in the refrigerator. A few of my daughters came over and a sampling was served to them on a cracker. They raved and wanted more. All decided it could be served on crackers as a starter as well as a side dish. I agree.

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive