About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 3 The Cinnabar Factory PLUS THE GREAT WALL of CHINA

Excited as a person could be over the trip to The Great Wall, I sort of wished we didn't have a morning at the Cinnabar Lacquer Factory, however, later realized it was a perfect plan.


The first thing I see that had always been on my "wish list" was the Screens~ I stood looking at this one. Every aspect of it was totally perfect~ (I shouldn't have gone to this place).

Nothing would do but have it shipped home. Due mid-November...it is taking a slow boat from China.

The next item that I knew was going on with us was the most beautiful Carved Cinnabar Lacquer vase.

The art work that goes into them is fascinating, to say the least...we walked the factory to see Chinese women hand-carving vases...tiny instruments and electric sanders.



On the right I am writing my name on the one that will be shipped to us
. Wouldn't chance carrying it around for the rest of the trip.










Then we go to lunch~ The spread of food for all three meals for the 22 days we were together were beautiful and each meal brought new surprises. They only serve sliced watermelon for dessert.

Eating healthy and walking 3 or so miles per day was the best thing for all of us. I lost 15 pounds.




























No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive