About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Betty's Thanksgiving Tablecloth

I knew Betty years ago.
She was a lady who was easy to be around. Always soft-spoken, gracious and kind. She entertained with ease...the perfect hostess you could say.
Betty was about my mother's age. Each time we had the pleasure to be invited into her home, there was something new to learn from her.

I love personal style~and for Betty, it was a talent for entertaining with flare by creating the most interesting and thoughtful surprises for her guests.

I will never forget one visit that fell just before a Thanksgiving.
She invited a group of us in for Bridge. During the afternoon, the converstation naturally centered around Thanksgiving traditions.

Betty told us about her treasured Thanksgiving Tablecloth.

~IT WAS BRILLANT~

Years before, she had invited her guests to sign her tablecloth. During the year, she embroidered their signatures to create her Thanksgiving Tablecloth.

This was repeated year after year and soon guests were vying for a spot to sign.

Can you imagine what a conversation piece this must be?

Realizing I could never match her personal style, but I could have a
Thanksgiving Tablecloth.
Betty's Tablecloth lives somewhere on my list
of projects I never got around to~
June










No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive