About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Nineteen Hours in London (Chapter 3)

The flight touched down about midnight London time. I said a 'nice to talk with you' to the Brit and deplaned along with others who had been on the flight that turned back the day before.

I had two travel bags, one for the Egypt and the other for Europe as was returning to England after the three weeks in Egypt. I checked the Egypt bound bag at the airport (something that would be unheard of post 9/11) as the connecting flight didn't depart for 19 hours.

Transportation and hotel had been arranged in London due to the late arrival.

Was I surprised to see Tom, the tall, handsome Brit following me onto the hotel bound bus? He sat next me. I felt safe. He suggested a drink once we had settled in ... our 'body time' was only 6:30 PM not being on London time yet....which was now after midnight ~
a drink would be nice I thought, although to make the time adjustment needed to be made.
At the hotel desk I had a message from my friends. "Call when you arrive, no matter what hour."

The lounge and dinning room were closed at this late hour. "I have a wonderful Hennessy in my bag," Tom said. The desk clerk suggest the lounge area was available. Perfect.
I hastened to the room to call Nancy and freshen up. There I found flowers on the table next to a nice tray of hors d'oeuvres. I remembered we missed dinner too. While on the phone with Nancy, Tom knocked on my door. How in hell did he get my room number? I read to Nancy all that was on his business card as I opened the door and he met Nancy over the phone. He held the bottle of cognac. I scooped up the tray of goodies and we were off for a midnight snack. I felt safe.

To be cont...

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive