About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Egypt Air ~ Chapter 5

Traveling alone and into an unknown part of the world was more than I had bargained for, indeed.

Due to the emergency aboard the outbound flight from Miami the day before...or now was it 2 days before. I was losing track of time. What time was it back home? It didn't really matter, as I wasn't there, I thought.
What mattered now was to be on this flight from London to Cairo. I had been re-booked from British Airways to Egypt Air. This didn't mean anything to me until I arrived for boarding the flight.

There was a long line waiting to board my flight and looking around, all other passengers were men. They all were dressed in their traditional dress of white cotton robes and heads wrap. My western attire, and caucasian appearance went seemingly unnoticed and later learned it is considered a sin for a man to look upon a woman.

As I stepped onto that plane I stepped from one culture right into another.

No one was speaking English. I found my seat. Thankfully, I was seated alone.

The interior decoration of the plane was something to behold. There we were, surrounded by beautiful Ancient Egyptian Gods ~Horus, the man with a falcon head, Ancient Kings with names written in hieroglyphs encased in the royal Cartouches.

It was best described as being wrapped in a giant Egyptian papaya paper painting. I was awestruck.... and also very,very tired.
To be continued...
iJune

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive