About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Deathbed Confession

For sure never know everything that whirls past us.

Out of the blue only a few weeks ago, I had a very nice email from a highschool friend. I didn't know him very well when we were in school, ~ I heard stories about him through the years ~he had become a physician and he had a interesting life ~
but our paths never crossed again. I remember thingking he was 'cute.' (Highschool mentality.)

When the email arrived, I could 'see' him as he was those many years ago. His email told me how he would walk completely out of his way between classes everyday just to talk with me. He said he remembered my personality and remembered my brother being 'a nice guy too.'

I was so surprised and of course, that made me happy to know, however, I couldn't remember EVER talking to him. This makes me think he only thought we talked. But that was 100 years ago. After all these years, he tells me this. Very shortly afterwards he went for heart surgery. I sent a card.
Yesterday I recieved a group email to all our classmates saying he has died.
I feel doubly sad.
His finally telling me after all these years that he had noticed me and remembered me ~ of all things. We never know all that whirls around us. He finally 'talked' to me just before he died. How sweet can that be? God Bless His Soul!
iJune

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill T.
Virginia

You are a Sweetheart.

WV Janis said...

June:

How did the doctor track you down? His action is so appropriate as you are the one who made a major campaign to track down old friends (should I say former?). Kudos to you for making all of these connections.

West Virginia Janis

p.s. Honored to have this message colocate with the comment of Bill T.

Anonymous said...

Our High School Class has a Newletter with info about all, including email addresses. Compared to today's schools, we had a small class, therefore easy to know and stay in touch. Was a sweet thing to happen in my life.
June

Anonymous said...

Was checking out your blog and saw “Valentine Poem” link. That reminded me of one I used to use on girls I was “dating” to give them some insight into my capacity for squishy stuff… I would hand-make a Valentine’s Day card by folding a regular sheet of paper into quarters, then scribble with my left hand the following. I would put the first three phrases on the outside, and the final phrase on the inside:
On the outside:

“I like red, and I like blue;
But most of all…

Open it up and on the inside:

…I like red.”

So touching, isn’t it?... J

BillyBob

WV Janis said...

Billy Bob, At first, I thought you were Billy the Blogging Poet in Greensboro, NC.

(Billy Jones' poetry blog)

http://blogsboro.blogspot.com/

Then I realized that you were Bill T.

So, blog tag and you're it.

June, Maybe we should start an "Idol" group to like we used to do for "Survivor. I've lost interest in Survivor. BillyBob could be Jason Castro-- his polar opposite in real life! LOL

West Virginia Janis

WV Janis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WV Janis said...

Gross grammar error in the above removed post. BillyBob would NEVER let me live it down. Here goes again.

Chinese proverb: Poetry on your blog will bring many hits.

Poem unveiled and donated by westvirginiajanis:

Write poetry and it will be read.
The frog hopped,
Plop.
It was not dead.
Of reading verse he did not tire......
Yes, there's poetry in mire.

June and BillyBob,
your "turns" for a poem.

Anonymous said...

My Poem

Birds nest in my rotten tree,
What am I to do?
The tree will fall at three,
What can I do?
Will they go plop like a frog?
Or will they fly free in the sky?
I would hate it if they die.

Virginia June

WV Janis said...

Great Poem!

What a thought, "the tree will fall at three." It takes forever to rot but I guess when it actually falls, that happens at a precise time.

Please make a separate entry for Poetry and have your friends contribute poems that they have written or ones that they love!

Poetry and spring just seem to go together. Love you Virginia June!

West Virginia Janis

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive