About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Friday, April 18, 2008

Granddaughter goes to Vegas

Brings tears to my eyes to see my grandbabies grown up. Yep, two of them are in college. Second granddaughter is Junior this year and enjoying the times in her life that were so joyful in my own life. Youth is a gift which we think at the time, will last forever. I hope we all lived a youth that left delicious memories.

Today my oldest granddaughter is off to Vegas with her group of friends. Of course, and naturally, I sent her a little grandmotherly advice and mentioned where the best of everything can be found in Vegas and to make sure they see the Wynn Hotel.
The following was in my email stack this morning. It brought tears of joy to my eyes. She is a chip off the old block for sure.

Mimi,
We are actually staying at the Wynn....Supposedly there is a new steakhouse there as well that is said to be PHENOMENAL and we have dinner reservations there Saturday night. We are totally getting the star treament: Private jet with limo waiting for us at the airport that will stay with us the whole weekend :) and rumor has it we might be staying in the presidential suite. I went and splurged and got myself a very cute dress for saturday night. I should just say I bought it with the allowance you and Papa send me so THANKS :) love you tons and tons.
M.

What else could a grandmother want for her granddaughter. My heart will be with her this weekend.
Was only last year, my college friends and I went to Vegas. In our minds we were back college age again. Come to think of it, I could use another Vegas fix myself. Ready to go girls?
June

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive