About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Mystery~ The Saw

How about writing about the saw you kept hearing one night? Peggy T, Buda, Tx

Yes, I remember this Peggy.

Many years had rolled by since the Hampton House Mystery. My children were all grown and gone. Husband was on a business trip. I was alone, which I enjoy from time to time. Had made a simple supper for myself and taken it on a tray to my favorite chair in the Master Bedroom. I invited my favorite TV show to keep me company. Shortly after settling down, I heard a saw buzzing and wondered what my neighbor could be building.

My supper and first TV show were over and my neighbor was still sawing over there. The saw would run, then would stop. As I cleared away the tray and started a movie, I glanced out to see what he could be building and to my surprise, their house was quite. In fact, it was getting dark and I could tell they were not at home. So~ therefore, it had to be the neighbor across the street.

I settled into a TV movie and put it out of my mind. However, whoever it was, continued to saw...stop and saw more.
This went on for the entire movie...and now it was totally DARK and been dark for some time.
The sawing and stopping was still going on.
WHAT THE HECK?

I went to the front door and there I discovered there were no lights on at any of my neighbor's houses. Everyone seemed to be gone.
I went to the deck and to my surprise, the "sawing" sounds were not outside! I went back and walked out on the front stoop and the noise was not out there either. THE SAWING SOUNDS WERE ONLY INSIDE THE HOUSE. WITH ME!!!

I went from floor to floor listening to try to pinpoint the sound. I checked everything, water, toilets, air conditioner, heat, stove, dishwasher, computer, phones. It was simply a sound that couldn't be pinpointed. I listened to walls and soon had to admit, the sound was more of a screeching noise. Was someone trying to frighten me? Why would this happen when I was alone with no neighbors at home?

I thought of the isolation of the house. I thought of the large lake and woods. I thought I should be concerned and with these thoughts, I phoned the police.

Two young officers responded and I apologized profusely for calling, but I just needed to know if anyone else could even hear this and of so, maybe solve the problem.

They searched, listened, re-checked everything, inside and out. I did notice they stayed together, but then I stayed with them too. They stayed about 45 minutes before saying they had never encountered anything like that before. THEN, the noise just stopped and didn't go again. We were standing downstairs, looking around, and waiting for something to happen.
Silence of the night was all we heard.

One of the Officers said that if he believed in Ghosts, he would entertain that concept.
With this comment, they both put their flashlights away which to me said, "We are done here."

"GHOST?" I said.
They smiled. I didn't.
They left, I didn't.

Another sleepless night. I kept thinking in case I disappeared during the night, that policeman could entertain his concept of what might have happened.
We have NEVER heard that noise again. It remains another unexplained mystery in my life.
June

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

June, is alive and well. She can come up with some good ones.

Anonymous said...

From Jennifer B. Virginia

I love these stories...my favorite....Little Bobbie Jean...made me cry. I'm am very fortunate to have you for a mother and friend! I LOVE YOU!

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive