About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Girls Night Out at the Officer's Club

A few years back after all my children were married or were in college I became a working girl again. Loved my working enviroment and was always invited to go out on Friday nights with the single girls there. We declared one Friday night a month as "Girl's Night Out."

Naturally, we went to the Officer's Club where there were lots of single young men for them to meet. We had so much fun that soon we were going almost every Friday night. It was like being young and single again, except I played the role of mother.

Some evenings we would have so much fun that I laughed for DAYS afterwards. No one could write a situation comedy as funny as real life happenings.


The place was always crowded and the best people watching ever. We had the good fortune to meet some really fun people. One evening we were joined by a guy the girls had talked to a few times before. Danny was Italian, an Officer in the Air Force and should have been a comedian. He was the type of guy who never could get a girl... His stories of how his 'romances' went downhill were too funny for words.

While Danny entertained us with yet another romance went bad story, I noticed a GOOD LOOKING Navy Capt there...had seen him before in his uniform...and there he was again.

I remember wearing a denim dress that. when sitting, came above my knee, otherwise a traditional shirt waist dress. Later, the girls and Danny were dancing and I was sitting holding our table, sipping my drink and watching the crowd.
Within minutes, the good looking older Navy Capt sat down beside me and immediately put his right hand on my exposed knee. I had never had anyone be so forward in my life. I played it cool and pretended not to notice his hand at all.

He quickly introduced himself leaving hand in place and went on to relate to me his job with one of the Senators and each statement seems to reek of how important he truly was. "Really?" I responded to his each and every pause.

The timing was perfect...
There we were...the Capt with his hand still firmly planted in full view on my knee... He had apparently had just completed his resume when Dan came back and sat down on the other side of me...
I said in a very even tone, "________, this is Dan, my husband."

_______ was so cool... he took his hand off my knee to shake Dan's hand...."Nice to meet you...catch you guys later."
and took off...That was one episode that caused me to laugh for three days.
He thought he was such a hot shot...and actually, he was, but that most certainly didn't give him the right to put a hand on me at all, especially, my knee.
Wasn't that fun?
My real husband wasn't impressed.... LOL
June

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive