About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sentiments for Lunch

I had been out and about; a busy morning ran into lunch time. The drive thru was perfect for a quick snack. Got a little lunch and pulled into the shaded parking lot to enjoy my burger.

Down went the car windows ~ ah, was so nice. The summer breeze enhanced the peaceful spot. I unwrapped my lunch and sipped the soda.
Sitting all alone, my mind went back to the days when our large Station Wagon was full of kids plus the dog that went everywhere with us.
Their loud complaining came to me~loud and clear in my memory.

“Mama, she won't get over,"

"Mama, she’s touching me."

"She's looking at me, MAKE HER STOP." (That was my favorite.)

"I gotta' pee pee." (Someone always had to go.)

"Trixie has bad breath, make her get back."

"She got one of my french fries." etc...

I remembered being so stressed/tired/whipped down. I remembered wishing for just one moment to be alone...a moment of peace and quite, which never, ever came.

Now... looking back, I remembered that wish~

Today~ the car was silent. I was alone. Tender emotions of nostalgia overwhelmed me. I found that I missed them...I missed my little girls being little and with me.
Suddenly I felt very alone and lonely.

That didn't last long.
June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such gifts you give to us....your stories touch such a range of emotions. Laughter, sweet and sometimes bittersweet nostalgia......sometimes I even weep...but always I enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to share who you are, who you have been and who you are becoming. Janet

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive