About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, September 15, 2008

Vietnam ~ Waiting Wives Part 2

The assignment was a long one...18 months. A year and half seemed forever. The decision was easy. With a new baby on the way, we would move back to my home town to be near family and support systems.
Our new house was sold immediately.

The first day of the 18 months began all too soon. Barely settled into a rental house...the day came. I planned not to dwell on the negative, however, Vietnam was a televised war and I knew my husband would be flying into danger each and every day. We casually talked about all possibilities and made plans. They were to write a letter every day. We planned for him to come home for the birth of the baby and later, meet half way, in Hawaii.

At the airport, we followed Air Force tradition. When a loved one is flying out, it is considered bad luck to watch the plane until it is out of sight. The children and I stood to see the plane into the sky and then turned to begin my duty of supporting him by taking care of the home front and being brave.
To be cont...

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive