About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CPR Readiness Needed~ Always

Just how ready are we for real emergencies?
Me? Hardly ever. Am so guilty of spending a free day in my pj's~ It just says so much about a person, don't you agree?
Then, on the other hand,
I always tell everyone "I'm always available for you," and totally mean it for 7/24.

Today, after a very full and fabulous weekend schedule of one social event after the other, today was free until Cocktails and Dinner with friends this evening....sooooooo in my pj's I decided to stay...that was until I recalled a day last week.

The baby next door fell directly on it's head as he was attempting an escape over the top of his crib.
The mother saw the fall on her monitor and ran to him. He was not breathing and had turned blue.
She immediately called 911 and they came in a heartbeat as did I on their heels. He was breathing and seemed ok but, of course, had to be taken in.
Bottom line, after checked out in the ER, he had sustained a mild concussion but otherwise ok.

This morning, in my pj's, I thought of the possibility of emergencies~ and wondered ~ to what extent of undress I would I really run out the door. After not too much pondering, I knew the answer.
That bottom line was NOT WITHOUT MAKEUP. Well...that might not really be true...BUT,
decided to be better prepared. I put my face on and slipped into clothes ~
THEN took our my manual to reviewed my CPR.

EVERYONE in the world needs to know CPR.

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive