About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Thursday, October 16, 2008

South Dakota Birdhouse


Opening the back door early this morning allowed a rush of cool, cool air to greet me.
Mid-October has been atypically warm for the mid-Atlantic states and our trees in Virginia are late reaching their colorful stage.

Walking out on the deck, more greeted me than the cool air.
My little South Dakota Birdhouse sits there...a new treasure from last trip.
Here it is...
the birdhouse sits on a old fashioned skate that lost the strap and gathered rust in years in some old trunk, barn or such. How could I not bring it home?
I especially love the addition of a grapevine that once grew somewhere on the plains of South Dakota. Isn't it sweet?
June

1 comment:

WV Janis said...

Very rustic, earthy, connected to the land. If you hadn't told me, I'd suspect that it was made in West Virginia!!

West Virginia Janis

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive