About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Decade

A new "Apple" came down last night to bring in our new decade.
Couldn't believe it is made of Waterford Crystal. HOW NICE.
I love New York ~ perhaps the best part is to show it off to friends who have never been.
In fact~~
I so enjoyed our 2000 decade and am looking forward to yet another. Happy Wishes to all~
After seeing Julia movie, my resolution will be to blog daily and especially complete the China trip. Might be impossible to catch up on the rest of the year.
What happened here ?
Since my blog is my Diary, complete with photos, didn't take long for my printer to throw in the towel. I used that as my excuse...so now back up and running.

Our 2 feet of snow just before Christmas was wonderful. Using my new cross country poles I could easily go with the grown kids and grand ones going over the hills and down the slopes to the best sledding area in the world.
They built a ramp of packed snow at the bottom of a steep run. Coming down the hill and taking the ramp, the sled would come off in the air some 4 feet high before landing in the soft snow bank. The little ones flew nicely, but the heavier grown kids came down almost immediately. Was so much fun to watch that I decided to sled myself. Of course, I bypassed the ramp. I can't tell you how fun that was. Just had to go again. I do live by my philosophy,
"You only go around once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Have told me children, should I die doing something I enjoy, then always know that I died extremely happy. Right?
Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Happy New Year June! You are the matriarch, leader, role model to all of us, young and old alike. You know we are all waiting for the sled riding photo! Can see you holding on for the ride, skidding in for a hot cup of chocolate and fellowship with your well-tended clan. Here's to a 2010 filled with health, friendship, and a robust dose of blogging!

Janis, one of your MANY lifelong friends!

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive