About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 26, 2009 Weather


It's a snowy day in Northern Virginia. Our little angel's smile doesn't look much like a smile this morning, does it? The layer of ice covers her and tiny snow flakes are softly falling~
I turn the camera towards the fairway and small pond.....

When...to my surprise... 4 beautiful deer joined the photo~

I wasn't ready but took my best shots. Interestingly the 4th deer at the back of the pack heard the click of the camera, stopped to look back. It was unimaginable he could hear that one shallow click.
The snow makes for poor visibility and the deer are running. That's my excuse for a bad shot.
They apparently have a known hiding place in the trees of the Indian Burial Grounds~
which is our view with the small pond there...(to the right is the big Lake Manassas...
the deer went down the shortest part of the steep bank. There is a culvert down in that area which they must know about and go for refuge in this kind of weather.
Sorry my photographer friends~ just didn't expect this surprise so early in the day.

No comments:

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive