About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Think of Climbing A Tree~ The Last Time

There are so many Titles for this blog~
"Where There's a Will, There's a Way" most certainly is appropriate.

We had no stairs in the house from Monday until last this afternoon.
WHY?
We wanted a new staircase~
We thought this project would be only an overnight deal...
BUT....
The workman came on Monday and took out three flights of stairs ...totally leaving an open staircase to the top floor.

Looking back with that 20-20...
...maybe this should have been a summer time project...WHY? Because, as they drove away Monday night snow was falling. Was only about 2 inches of tiny icy snow crystals, but that was enough to give the workmen a day off...
Their insurance didn't cover them on the icy roads... Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tuesday night, conditions worsened~ we had ice to cover the snow...all roads closed ...even though we have excellent snow removal...salt/sand won't work on ice...
Therefore.....the workmen got another day off.
UGH~
WELL...
I missed going up there, covering with a warm blanket to watch TV.

I missed my very own recorded shows. The Doctors, Dr. Phil (don't watch many of those), Oprah (ditto), Medium (that is a great story each week), Judge Judy, etc...
My husband won't watch any of those...he has his own TV and programs, so we both are happy campers.
Anyway... I wanted to sleep in up there too.

I decided to make a "tree" to climb up to the top floor...
you know...this and that here and there to step on to climb higher and higher?

After several attempts...I had it high enough to reach the landing and put a ladder up from the landing to the top. From the ladder, we could reach the banister and walk the pickets across the landing to the entrance of that floor.

Dangerous, I guess, but worth the experience. Sort of fun~ and great exercise.
Husband was in shock....but as I showed him....he thought it ok. We were like two kids on a jungle gym.

We marveled at our steadiness and agility. One slip and would have been a dead duck~
My Dad would have said "That's God's way of getting rid of stupid people."
(He had little patience with anyone who takes chances.)

We even transported Jackson, the dog so he could stay with us.
TODAY, two flights of the stairs are in...am so excited...they look so beautiful.
Tonight, we can walk on the unfinished stairs to go upstairs. YEAH!
Photos to be added later tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! June, you really had an exciting week! Glad that your stairs are back in, but you were really adventuresome. I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

That story about your dream in WWII reminded me of nightmares that I had as a child. I still remember those.

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos of Jen and her husband, dressed for the ball! Do you have any photos of Molly and Casey at their event?

Anonymous said...

Sorry but we recieved an invitation for that same evening and didn't get to see them. They never do photos themselves. I regret when I lose a photo op.
June

Anonymous said...

I want to see a photo of you and Ford Climbing that ladders up to the second floor, carrying your Jack Russell terrier, who jumps like the one in the tv commercial.

Immediately, the tree house for Swiss Family Robinson in Disney World comes to mind!!!

Jan @
Greensboro Daily Photo

Teresa said...

Hey June, you are one crazy kid...and lucky. I'm glad you are back on solid ground. I love your stories and can't wait to see the pictures of your makeshift ladder. Teresa

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive