About Me

We only go around once, but if we do it right, once is enough~

Monday, February 16, 2009

Recipe #1 From Lost and Found File

This recipe is from a very good friend who lived in Burke, Virginia~
Sandy and Bob served this at a dinner party they did some 25 years ago. I remember it being soooooooooo delicious. I remember waking the next morning craving that taste ~ Sandy wrote this recipe for me.

Indian Curry
(serves 4)
1/4 c. margarine
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. green pepper
1/4 c. celery
2 medium size apples, pared and sliced
1 1/2 tsp curry power
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. flour
2 C. chicken broth
2 c. diced chicken breast (I think she used canned chicken breast)
Melt butter and saute onion, gr. pepper, celery and apple until tender.
Stir in flour, curry powder, and salt and cook over low heat until well mixed and heated through. Remove from heat~ gradually stir in broth ~ heat to boiling and let boil while you stir for one minute. Add chicken and heat thoroughly. Serve on rice with condiments.
I like only chutney with this but other things Sandy had on the table was
peanuts, cashews, chopped eggs, raisins, bacon bits, coconut and both hot and regular mango chutney.
Their dinner party was for 12 people as I remember, and she had made the main dish earlier and let the flavors blend. IT WAS A BIG HIT.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I think a cook book is an excellent idea. It would be lots of fun and folks are always looking for new things to try. I've copied the curry recipe. I have a similar one that we all love and this has some added ingredients. Thanks for sharing! Teresa

Memories ~ Life is a great trip!


View My Stats

Blog Archive